School of Rock – Day 14 – Voice, Preparation, and Presentation

SUMMARY

Today was the last work day of my final project.!

LEADERSHIP ACTIVITY

Today I mainly worked on the small details of my project. Just to make it as “perfect” as I can. I also listened to my project in the car.

Soundtrap Exporting and Mixing Resources

PRACTICE ROOM (GUITAR LESSONS)

Continue Justin’s 117 Free Lessons YouTube Playlist

Jake Lizzio’s 5 blues guitar tutorials

How to Practice Guitar Chords: Exercises, Tips, and Advice

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)

LAB (THEORY PRACTICED)

OUTSIDE (CREATIVITY & THE BRAIN)

Instead of a walk I went to the lake with my sister and Racheal (my friend). The first thing I want to point out is the cloudy grey wether, and we decided to go to the lake to swim. I chose not to. Instead I tried to write some song lyrics (not my strong suite), and drew a cat. The cool thing about lake swimming on a grey day is that there was hardly anyone there.

STUDIO (SONGWRITING)

CONTROL ROOM (RECORDING & MIXING)

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

Today was the last class day to finish up my project. to be honest I started working latter in the day, but I’m pleased with what I came up with. This morning however, My keyboard that I use to record wasn’t being registered when I plugged it in. Im still in the process of trouble shooting that. in any case, today was very productive.

I wanted to start out the day by listening to what I have already done. First, I need to properly end the piece. Next I need to level the high and lows better. Once I was done with that, I took it to my car and listened to it on the way to the lake. The first thing I noticed was that the bass was over powering the high melody. I fixed that. I also noticed the need for a sixtenth note line. If I did that, my project would be able to build more. That is what I’m currently working on.

TODAY’s ACTIVITY EVALUATION

Content (The WHAT)

Rating: OK  – 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5  – HIGHLY ENGAGED

Rating: 5

Going to the lake was a nice break, and calm environment to think about my project in a better perspective.

Process (The HOW)

Rating: 4

I could have been more productive in the morning but that’s expected of a non-morning person.